Job Posting - Senior Engineering Technician
The Town of Smithers is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Senior Engineering Technician. This is a full-time regular unionized position with CUPE.
General Statement of Duties:
Reporting to the Director of Development Services, the Senior Engineering Technician is responsible to efficiently organize and coordinate the engineering work in the Development Services Department.
Qualification Must Include:
- a diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or acceptable equivalent.
- five (5) years senior experience in engineering technology in a municipal setting , including supervision of employees. May consider less experienced, but fully qualified candidates.
- Considerable experience and proficiency in creating drawings in AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- excellent working background in municipal infrastructure design, surveying, tendering, contract documents, construction administration, inspection, materials testing/quality control, recording of as-built drawings, site safety, grant application writing, cost estimating and capital works planning.
- excellent inter-personal skills in dealings with contractors, consultants, the public, owners, developers, utility company representatives, senior staff, municipal employees and other government employees.
- proficiency in Excel spreadsheets and MS Office environment.
- a valid Class 5 BC Drivers License
- physically capable of fulfilling the required duties
For complete details of this position, please refer to the job description. Qualified candidates may forward a cover letter, resume, three references and a current driver’s abstract by 4:00 pm, June 19, 2015 to:
Director of Corporate Services
Confidential: Competition #15-05
Town of Smithers
Box 879, 1027 Aldous Street
Smithers, BC V0J 2N0
Please click here to view the following PDF documents:
Applications may be submitted by mail, fax or in person but cannot be submitted via email or without a current driver’s abstract.
The Town of Smithers thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
All employment opportunities with the Town of Smithers that are open to the general public are posted to the Town's website and advertised in the Interior News. The Town only accepts applications/resumes for posted opportunities.
When applying for a posted opportunity, please ensure your application is complete and you quote the competition number. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
General applications/resumes received where no posting presently exists are not retained or applied to future opportunities.