Riverside Municipal RV Park & Campground
2014 Reservations, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation or phone: 778-210-0832
Emails are only monitored Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (excluding Statutory Holidays). Outside of these hours contact the Campground Attendant's cell phone direct at 778-210-0832
We invite all campers to stay at the peaceful Riverside Park Municipal campground located adjacent to the Bulkley River at 3843 - 19th Avenue. The park, operated by the Town of Smithers, is a safe and quiet place to relax and enjoy wonderful views, a beautiful river, and a laid back approach to camping. Pets are welcome on leashes.
When traveling west on Highway 16 (towards Prince Rupert), turn right onto Main Street. Follow the Riverside campground signs for 1.3 kilometres and make a left hand turn at the campground sign on 19th Avenue.
- New Playground installed July 2013
- Shower/flush toilets
- Nature trails - beautiful views of the Hudson Bay Mountains and the Babine Mountains
- Bike trails
- 15 minute walk from downtown shopping and recreation facilities
- Firewood provided (FREE)
- Electrical (15 amp and 30 amp) and water hook-ups
- River fishing on the Bulkley River
- Cook house
- Food storage lockers in tenting area (must provide own lock)
- Drive-through sites
- View the Campground Map here
- Please remember - motor vehicles are not allowed on any of the Town owned sport fields or trails (ie. Snowmobiles, ATV's and dirt bikes).
Free Wireless Internet- is limited to 75mb per night. We don't have unlimited internet usage up north here, like in the major centers, so it is best to keep your activities to emailing or browsing only please. 75mb is more than sufficient if you respect this. (This would mean no downloading, no youtube, no movies, no uploading, no watching streaming video online.)
View the "Super Camping Select Lodging Magzine" Northern British Columbia - The Great Northern Circle Tour Map 2014/15
Campground open May 16, 2014 to October 13, 2014..
To all of our visitors this year - Thank you for choosing Smithers as your place to stay, play, relax and enjoy. The campground enjoyed an increase in visitors this year.
If you would like to book a site for 2014, reservations are now being booked at phone: 778-210-0832.
2014 Park Rates:
|Campsite with Water and Sewer Connection||$27/site|
|Campsite with Electrical, Water and Sewer Connection||$30/site|
|Per Tent in unserviced tenting area||$17/per tent (maximum 3 tents per site)|
|Riverside Cookhouse (Resident Rate*)/booking||$28|
|Riverside Cookhouse (Non-Resident Rate**)/booking||$53|
* Riverside Cookhouse Fees are for event use, not fees charged to campers.
** Non-Resident means a group or organization not having a Smithers address