Job Posting - Senior Engineering Technician
The Town of Smithers is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Senior Engineering Technician. This is a full-time regular unionized position with CUPE.
General Statement of Duties:
Reporting to the Director of Development Services, the Senior Engineering Technician is responsible to efficiently organize and coordinate the engineering work in the Development Services Department.
Qualifications Must Include:
- a diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or acceptable equivalent.
- five (5) years senior experience in engineering technology in a municipal setting, including supervision of employees. May consider less experienced, but fully qualified candidates.
- considerable experience and proficiency in creating drawings in AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- excellent working background in municipal infrastructure design, surveying, tendering, contract documents, construction administration, inspection, materials testing/quality control, recording of as-built drawings, site safety, grant application writing, cost estimating and capital works planning.
- excellent inter-personal skills in dealings with contractors, consultants, the public, owners, developers, utility company representatives, senior staff, municipal employees and other government employees.
- proficiency in Excel spreadsheets and MS Office environment.
- a valid Class 5 BC Drivers License
- physically capable of fulfilling the required duties
For complete details of this position, please request a job description from the Town by contacting the individual noted below . Qualified candidates may forward a cover letter, resume, three references and a current driver’s abstract by 4:00 pm, May 31, 2013 to:
Director of Corporate Services
Confidential: Competition #13-10
Town of Smithers
Box 879, 1027 Aldous Street
Smithers, BC V0J 2N0
Applications may be submitted by mail, fax or in person but cannot be submitted via email or without a current driver’s abstract.
The Town of Smithers thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Download the Job Description pdf here