Highway 16 & 97 Transportation Options
Did you know, there are now four Transportation Options for travelling along Highway 16 & 97:
- Community Vehicles Program – Designed for rural and remote communities along Highway 16 from Prince Rupert to Prince George. Each community has its own vehicle and sets its own schedule and routes.
- BC Transit – For travel between communities along Highway 16, such as Terrace, Kitimat, the Hazeltons, Smithers, Burns Lake and Prince George. (This augments BC Transit’s services within cities, such as in Kitimat, Prince Rupert and Prince George).
- Northern Health Connections – For all northern residents travelling outside their community to non-emergency health care facilities in the north, Kamloops and Vancouver. This service is also available for seniors (over 60) and people with mobility challenges.
- BC Bus North – For anyone wanting to travel between communities along Highway 16 from Prince Rupert to Valemount. This service is also available along Highway 97, from Prince George to Dawson Creek and up to Fort Nelson.
More information on Highway 16 & 97 Transportation Options:
- Highway 16 & 97 Transportation Options Brouchure
- Highway 16 & 97 Transportation Options Information Sheet