Notice of Public Hearing - Zoning Amendment Application R19-09
Smithers Town Council will consider a Bylaw related to the Zoning Amendment application R19-09 on Tuesday, February 25, 2020, beginning at 6:30 pm in Council Chambers of the Town Hall, 1027 Aldous Street, Smithers, BC.
Town Council is considering to adopt:
Bylaw No. 1882: Zoning Bylaw No. 1403 amendment to add the following:
• “carriage house” as a permitted auxiliary use in the A-1 Agricultural Zone,
• text to the General Provisions of the Bylaw establishing parameters for carriage houses in the A-1 Agricultural Zone,
• Agricultural Land Reserve to the list of definitions, and
• additional requirements to the A-1 Agricultural Zone related to lands located in the Agricultural Land Reserve to provide clarity on requirements for properties located in the Agricultural Land Reserve.
The purpose of this Bylaw is to permit carriage houses in the A-1 Agricultural Zone as an auxiliary use.
Anyone who believes they will be affected by the proposed bylaw is invited to submit written comments to Council prior to the meeting, and to attend the meeting. Written submissions must be received by 1:00 pm on Monday, February 25, 2020 to be included on the agenda.
The proposed bylaw and relevant background information can be viewed at the links below or at the Town Office, Monday through Friday (except holidays) 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
1. OCP Amendment and Zoning Webpage
2. Report to Council Introducing Bylaw No. 1882
3. Report to Council: Feasibility of Carriage Homes in the Entire A-1 Zone
4. External referral responses
For further information, please contact the Development Services Department at (250) 847-1600.