Notice of Public Hearing - Zoning Amendment Application R19-10 = POSTPONED
Please note that Smithers Town Council’s consideration of Bylaw 1887 related to the Zoning Amendment application R19-10 originally scheduled for Tuesday, April 14, 2020, beginning at 6:30 pm in Council Chambers of the Town Hall, 1027 Aldous Street, Smithers, BC is postponed.
In accordance with the Local Government Act, when the Public Hearing for Bylaw No. 1887 is rescheduled, it will be published in two consecutive issues of the Interior News. In addition, updated notices will be mailed to property owners and tenants of properties within 60 metres of the subject property.
Town Council is considering to adopt:
Bylaw No. 1887: Zoning Bylaw No. 1403 amendment to include the following:
- Amend the zoning map by changing the property legally described as Lot 15 Block 17 District Lot 5289 Range 5 Coast District Plan 1054 (located on the northwest corner of Main Street and Highway 16 Frontage Road) from C-4 Tourist Commercial Zone to C-1A Downtown Commercial Zone.
Amend the text of Section 2.9 Parking to by adding the following:
(d) The property legally described as Lot 15 Block 17 District Lot 5289 Range 5 Coast District Plan 1054 is exempt from complying with the off-street parking regulations contained in this section for the following permitted principle uses only:
• Retail sales
• Premises licensed for the consumption of alcohol
• Open-air produce market
• hair stylist shop, dry cleaning establishment, appliance repair shop, florist, laundromat, optical or watch repair shop, tailor shop, dressmaking shop, shoe repair and other similar personal services
• studio, including artist, display, music, radio, recording, television, photographic studio
• on-site manufacture and sale of hand crafted small goods when totally contained in a building
4.1. Table 2.9 in Town of Smithers Zoning Bylaw No. 1403 is amended by adding the following to Commercial Uses (shown in bold):
Restaurants and premises licensed for consumption of alcohol:
In the C-1A and C-1B zone, North & East of Hwy 16
|1 for every 10 seats|
Auxiliary residential uses in the C-1A and C-1B zone, North & East of Hwy 16
|1 per dwelling unit|
All other permitted uses in the C-1A, C-1B, C-1, C-3 and C-6 zone or parking required for similar types of uses
|1 per 45 m2 of gross floor area|
Purpose: To rezone Lot 15, Main Street from C-4 to C-1A to permit greater parcel coverage. In addition, to clarify parking requirements for properties zones C-1, C-1A, and C-1B north and west of Highway 16, as the Zoning Bylaw currently has gaps in the parking requirements for these zones in this location.
Public Input: Any written submissions received by the Town to date will be included in the agenda once the Public Hearing is rescheduled. The proposed bylaw and relevant background information can be viewed at the Town Office, 1027 Aldous Street, Monday through Friday (except holidays); 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Reviewing the bylaw online at http://www.smithers.ca is encouraged.
- OCP Amendment and Zoning Webpage
- Report DEV 19-080 to Council Introducing Bylaw No. 1887
- Supplemental Report to Council DEV 20-008 - Zoning Amendment for the Property Located at Lot 15, Main Street & Parking Housekeeping Amendment
For further information, please contact the Development Services Department at (250) 847-1600 or email@example.com