Smithers Storefront Spruce-Up Program 2021
This program provides grants to property and business owners to renovate, restore, or redesign retail and commercial building facades and storefronts in Downtown Smithers.
The goal of this program is to encourage owners or commercial tenants to invest in building façade upgrades that create a more interesting and appealing streetscape, attracting locals and visitors to the commercial downtown core.
This initiative will contribute towards:
- Making Smithers ever more inviting as a place to walk, bike, shop, and play;
- Promoting the marketability of retail, commercial businesses and non-profit organizations;
- Helping building owners to create value and attract and retain tenants;
- Enhancing the quality of life for residents, workers, and visitors in the downtown core;
- Building civic pride among the business community and Smithers’ citizens;
- Maintaining downtown Smithers’ Alpine Theme and its reputation of having the best downtown of any northern BC community.
The Deadline for applications is June 1st, 2021.
- Smithers Storefront Spruce Up Program Guide 2021
- Alpine Theme Guidelines
- Form & Character Development Permit Areas & Map
For further information please contact the Development Services Department at (250) 847-1600 or email@example.com.