Recreation, Parks & Culture
The Recreation, Parks & Culture Department is responsible for the planning and development of recreational activities and special events for the Town of Smithers. The Town works in partnership with community groups and consults with residents to affirm our core values and to establish and achieve recreation programming which meets the needs of the community. The Department is also responsible for accessing addtional grant funding opportunities to expand program delivery, improve trails and playgrounds, and upgrade exisiting facilities.
- Riverside Municipal RV Park & Campground - Opens May 17, 2013, for the 2013 Season.
- 2015 Northern Sport Development Strategy - Smithers, Overview commissioned by Pacificsport Northern BC
- Bylaw No. 1703 - Recreation Fees and Charges (2013-2014)
- Local Sports Association Registration Information
- RV Storage at the Fall Fairgrounds
- Smithers New Arena Project 2013