Highway Use Permit

These are required for any non-municipal uses within road right-of-ways, including lanes. For example: excavations, temporary closures/detours, signs/displays/seating areas. There is no cost for the application, but the Town may require a cash security for the duration of the project/event, which may be refunded in whole if there is no damage to Town infrastructure.

Click here to view the Highway Use Permit Application Form.

If applicable, please complete the Sketch of Proposed Use Within a Highway Right-of-Way to accompany your application.

Some events may require a “Special Events Permit” through the Recreation, Parks and Culture Department.