Notice of Public Hearing: Zoning Amendment Application R20-01
Smithers Town Council will consider Zoning Amendment application R20-01 on Tuesday, July 27, 2021, beginning at 6:30 pm in Council Chambers of the Town Hall, 1027 Aldous Street, Smithers, BC to consider Bylaw No. 1893 to amend Zoning Bylaw No. 1403 as follows:
- Rezone a portion of the property located at 4346 Highway 16, covering a 56.4m wide and 35.4m deep area abutting Highway 16, from C-2 Neighbourhood Commercial, to C-3 Service Commercial.
The purpose of the bylaw is to bring the existing developments on the site into legal conformity while minimizing the land use conflicts with the adjacent developments. Approval of this application would also allow the applicant to resolve issues associated with “split zoning” of the subject property.
Bylaw No. 1893: Zoning Bylaw No. 1403 amendment to rezone a portion of the property located at 4346 Highway 16, covering a 56.4m wide and 35.4m deep area abutting Highway 16, from C-2 Neighbourhood Commercial, to C-3 Service Commercial.
Anyone who believes they will be affected by the proposed bylaw is invited to submit written comments to Council prior to the meeting, and to attend the meeting. Written submissions must be received by 1:00 pm on Monday, July 26th, 2020 to be included on the agenda.
The proposed bylaws and relevant background information can be viewed at the links below or at the Town Office, Monday through Friday (except holidays) 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- DEV 21-060 R20-01 4346 Highway 16 (Leach)
- DEV 21-060 Attach.1 Staff Report Council DEV 20-031, dated May 28, 2020
- DEV 21-060 Attach.2 Initial Response from MOTI, dated July 8, 2020
- DEV 21-060 Attach.3 Response from MOTI, dated Aug 21, 2020
For further information, please contact Deepa Chandran, Planner, at (250) 847-1600 or email@example.com.