Job Posting #21-10 Utility Operator I or II
The Town of Smithers is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Utility Operator I ($32.16) or Utility Operator II ($33.99). This is one full time unionized position with CUPE.
Qualifications for this position include:
- High school graduation;
- Level I or II Water Distribution-EOCP, Level II Wastewater Collection;
- Level I Wastewater Treatment, Chlorine Handling;
- Level 1 First Aid, WHMIS;
- Confined Space Entry, Supervisory and Leadership Skills;
- Minimum one year (Utility Operator I) or three years (Utility Operator II) of experience in water and wastewater systems;
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Candidates with lesser experience are encouraged to apply as training will be provided.
For complete details of this position, please click on the following:
Candidates may forward a cover letter, resume, driver's abstract and three references by 4:00 pm, Friday, May 21, 2021 to:
Confidential: Competition #21-10
Town of Smithers
Box 879, 1027 Aldous Street
Smithers, BC V0J 2N0
Applications without a driver's abstract will not be considered.
The Town of Smithers thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.