At its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, January 10th, 2023, beginning at 6:30 pm, Smithers Town Council will hold a public hearing to consider the following bylaws:
Bylaw No. 1930: To amend the Town of Smithers Official Community Plan Bylaw No. 1935 by amending:
- Map. 1, the Land Use map designation of
- a portion of Area 2 (20m-wide strip along Elks Park) from ‘Low Density Residential’ to ‘Medium Density Residential’;
- another portion of Area 2 from ‘Low Density/Medium Density Residential’ to ‘Parks, Open Space, and Trails’; and
- a portion of Area 1 from ‘Low Density Residential’ to ‘Medium Density Residential’; and
- Map 7, the Form & Character Development Permit Areas map by adding a portion of Area 1, to the ‘Multi-Unit Residential’ Development Permit category.
Bylaw No. 1931: To amend the Town of Smithers Zoning Bylaw No. 1936 by changing the zoning designation of:
- a portion of Area 2, from ‘R-1 Single Family Residential’ to ‘R-2 Low Density Residential’;
- another portion of Area 2, from ‘R-2 Low Density Residential’ to ‘P-1 Public Amenity’;
- a portion of Area 1, from ‘A-1 Agricultural’ to ‘R-1 Single Family Residential’; and
- another portion of Area 1, from A-1 Agricultural’ to ‘R-2 Low Density Residential’.
Subject Property: 3034 Pacific Street (or Area 1) and a portion of Parcel B Plan PRP1104 Section 30 Township 4 Range 5 Land District 14 Except Plan PRP5958 (SEE DF 17619), & EXC PL 6154, 6197, 7046, 9678, 10229, PRP14843, EPP30970, EPP45945, EPP76244, EPP88797 & EPP104212 (or Area 2) ( See map below).
Purpose: To enable the future phases of Ambleside neighbourhood residential development.
Anyone who believes they will be affected by the proposed bylaws is invited to attend the public hearing to make written or verbal submissions to Council for consideration. All written submissions must be received at the Town Office before 1:00 pm on Monday, January 9th, 2023. The meeting will be held in the Council Chambers at the
Town Hall, 1027 Aldous Street, Smithers, BC and Facebook livestreamed at: https://www.facebook.com/TownofSmithers.
The relevant background information is at the links below, or at the Town Office (1027 Aldous Street) Monday to Friday, excluding holidays, between 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. For further information, please contact the Development Services Department at (250) 847-1600, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council Reports Draft Bylaws and More Information: