Public Notice: Stage Two (2) Water Restriction Information
September 25, 2023
As of September 25, 2023, Stage Two (2) Water Restrictions are still in affect for residents on the Town of Smithers water system.
The drought rating for our region has increased to a level 5, and the Town has moved to Stage 2 water restrictions at this time. Skeena Drought Level Update.
What does this mean for you?
- Lawn sprinklers may not be used.
- Water may not be used to clean sidewalks, driveways, or other outdoor surfaces.
- All watering must be done by hand with an automatic shut-off device.
- The use of a hose to water is prohibited unless it is equipped with an automatic shut-off device.
- Operating ornamental fountains is prohibited.
- The use of water to fill or re-fill garden ponds, ornamental fountains, hot-tubs, or swimming pools is prohibited.
This only affects residents on the Town of Smithers water system.
Water Restrictions are established under Bylaw No. 1811 – Water Restrictions to promote responsible water use and to protect the Town’s water supply.
If you have any questions, please contact the Town at:
Phone: (250) 847-1600