EVACUATION ALERT RESCIND
DUE TO ICE JAM
SMITHERS – As of 15:00 hrs (3:00 p.m. PST) December 29, 2021, the Evacuation Alerts issued by the Town of Smithers on December 22, 2021 at 17:00 hours (5:00 p.m. PST), and December 25, 2021 at 12:00 hours (12:00 PST) are rescinded for the following areas:
• 2100 blocks of Riverside Drive
• 2100 blocks of Main Street
• 2700 Block of Pacific Avenue
An evacuation Alert may need to be reissued should conditions change. Residents will be given as much notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
All residents are asked to keep up-to-date on the current flood information by tuning in to local media or visiting the Town of Smithers website at http://www.smithers.ca
• The ice jam situation on the Bulkley River remains dynamic
• Continue to use extreme caution along the Bulkley River and other bodies of water
• Stay off riverbanks
• Refrain from travelling through areas impacted by flooding
Citizens may contact the Town of Smithers at 250-847-1600 if they have any questions or concerns.
Residents living in the Regional District are advised to contact the Regional District of Bulkley Nechako at 1-800-320-3339.