Riverside Municipal Campground
Riverside Municipal Campground & RV Park will be open from May 15th – September 30th, 2021
As of Saturday, July 10th our shared bathroom facilities, our tenting area, and our cookhouse facility will be open. Our shared bathroom facilities are for campers only. The Cookhouse is free to use for campers and a daily rate applies for private bookings.
We are open to all Canadian residents at this time. All current COVID-19 Provincial Health Officer orders apply to campers at the time of their stay.
Please follow this link to book your stay: RESERVATION LINK
Please note: You MUST make an account to complete the online booking process. If you are having trouble booking reservations online or need a refund as per our policy below, please call the Town of Smithers office at 250-847-1600. Office hours are week days from 8:30am – 4:30pm. Closed all Statutory Holidays. There are first come first serve sites available, reservations are not always needed but they are recommended.
- Fees are refundable with three days' notice prior to arrival, otherwise you forfeit your fees
- Our change/cancellation policies are in effect for the season, and visitors must agree to these policies at the time of booking.
- Campsites are on a first-come first-served basis, unless reservations have been made online, by telephone or three days in advance of check-in.
- Fees are due upon registration.
2021 Park Rates Taxes Included:
|Campsite with Electrical, Water and Sewer Connection||$37.90/site|
|Per Tent in unserviced tenting area||$24.20|
|Riverside Cookhouse /booking*||$35.80|
|1 Bundle of Firewood||$8.00|
|3 Bundles of Firewood||$20.00|
* Riverside Cookhouse Fees are for event use, not fees charged to campers.
We accept Cash/Debit/Credit Card.
We do not accept cheques or American Express.
Thank you for choosing Smithers Riverside Municipal Campground & RV Park as your place to stay, play, relax and enjoy.
The Riverside Municipal Campground & RV Park offers spectacular scenic views of the Hudson Bay Mountain, and the captivating Bulkley River. The Riverside Municipal Campground & RV Park is surrounded by connecting trails to enjoy by foot or bicycle around the beautiful town of Smithers. The 13-kilometer Perimeter Trail is a scenic community trail linking together the inspiring beauty of the creeks, parks, and landscapes in the community. Many of the best scenic highlights are found along the Bulkley River and throughout the Riverside Park. The campground is located adjacent to the Bulkley River at 3843-19th Avenue. The park, operated by the Town of Smithers, is a safe and peaceful place to relax and enjoy wonderful views, a stunning river, and a friendly approach to camping. Pets are welcome on leashes.
When traveling west on Highway 16 (towards Prince Rupert), turn right onto Main Street. Follow the Riverside campground signs for 1.3 kilometres and make a left hand turn at the campground sign on 19th Avenue.
- Shower/flush toilets
- Nature trails - beautiful views of the Hudson Bay Mountains and the Babine Mountains
- Bike trails
- 15 minute walk from downtown shopping and recreation facilities
- Electrical (15 amp and 30 amp) and water and sewer hook-ups
- River fishing on the Bulkley River
- Picnic Shelter
- Food storage lockers in tenting area (must provide own lock)
- View the Campground Map here
- Please remember - motor vehicles are not allowed on any of the Town owned sport fields or trails (ie. Snowmobiles, ATV's and dirt bikes).
3843 19th Avenue, Smithers, BC
For assistance or inquiries, please call: 250-847-1600 or email: email@example.com. Monday to Friday; 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.