A sanctioned public event held on any Town of Smithers’ owned land, streets, sidewalks, parks, and/or buildings MUST have fewer than 50 people to align with the public heath officer’s prohibition on mass gatherings. To ensure the safety of those participating Event Organizers MUST include a COVID Safety Protocol Plan for the event (PPE, Physical Distancing, Sanitization etc.)
2021 Fairgrounds Schedule of Events:
Click here to download:
- 2021 Fairgrounds Schedule of Events *Updated April 2021
- Fairgrounds Event Form (COVID-19 Update)
- Routine Event Liability Information Sheet
Fairground User and Licensees Information:
- Annual Letter to Users and Licensees of the Fall Fairgrounds
- Open Burning
- Installation and/or Modification of Fall Fairgrounds Water and Sewer Systems
- Building Permit Requirements
- Building Permit Application Guide (adapted for Fall Fairgrounds' license areas)
- Bylaw No. 1609 - Fireworks
Smithers RV Storage:
Click here to learn more about Winter Storage of Recreational Vehicles and Boats.
Town of Smithers Fairgrounds Business and Land Use Plan Update
- Final Report - Fairgrounds Business and Land Use Plan 2013
- Report PR13-11 "Fairgrounds Business and Land Use Plan Update"
- Bob Yates Delegation Presentation to Council regarding the Fairgrounds Business and Land Use Plan
- Bob Yates Delegation to Council regarding the Fairgrounds Business and Land Use Plan, excerpt from CICK Radio 93.9
The Town of Smithers owns a fantastic parcel of land, which is utilized by many groups from Smithers, the surrounding communities of the Bulkley Valley and from around the province. The Fall Fair Management Committee meets three times per year and oversees the booking requests and capital upgrades requests for the Town owned property.
License agreements with the Bulkley Valley Agricultural & Industrial Association, the Northern Saddle Club, and Lease agreement with the Bulkley Valley Bowmen (Archery Grounds) provide the opportunity for local groups to offer workshops, rodeos, training sessions, children's activities, and more.
The Smithers Fairgrounds are home to the Bulkley Valley Exhibition (Fall Fair), the Bulkley Valley Folk Music Festival (Midsummer Festival), the 3 in 1 Breed Show, and the Annual Archery Shoot. All of these events gather together thousands of participants and spectators from all over British Columbia and Western Canada.
Located at 2701 Pacific Street, corner of Tatlow Road and Pacific Street.
Rodeo Ring at the Fall Fairgrounds.
Hunter Jumper / Dressage Ring at the Fall Fairgrounds.