Recreation, Parks and Culture
Town of Smithers Special Event Application Process
- Download the Special Event Application Form for any public events held on Town of Smithers’ owned land, streets, sidewalks, parks, and/or buildings.
- Insurance can be obtained online by following the link: https://miabc.eventpolicy.ca or at your local insurance providers.
- Email the completed application form with insurance and any additional materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Town of Smithers Administration Special Event Coordinator will review all applications received. Event Organizers will be notified about the status of their application within 10 days prior to the event once all materials are received.
- Please view the following additional information:
- If you have any questions, please contact the Recreation Coordinator at 250.847.1600 or email@example.com
BOVILL SQUARE RENTAL REQUESTS:
Bovill Square was opened in August 2013. The park is located at the corner of Main Street and Broadway Avenue. It is a public space owned/maintained by the Town of Smithers. It is meant to provide the local community a location for small and medium sized arts/music/cultural performances and special events. There is no rental fee to use the park/stage. If you would like to book the use of the Bovill Square, please fill out the "Special Event Application Form" and contact the Recreation Coordinator at 250.847.1600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo credit: Dan Mesec