Riverside Municipal Campground
2020 Reservations for the Riverside Municipal Campground and Riverside Picnic Shelter will launch on February 1st 2020 for the upcoming season.
On February 1st a link will be provided below for online reservations to be made 24/7. For reservations or inquiries made by phone, please call: 250-847-1600 or by email: email@example.com
Monday – Friday 8:30 - 4:30 PM
The Riverside Municipal Campground will reopen in the spring on May 15th for the spring/summer/fall 2020 season.
We invite all campers to stay at the peaceful Riverside Park Municipal campground located adjacent to the Bulkley River at 3843-19th Avenue. The park, operated by the Town of Smithers, is a safe and quiet place to relax and enjoy wonderful views, a beautiful river, and a laid back approach to camping. Pets are welcome on leashes.
When traveling west on Highway 16 (towards Prince Rupert), turn right onto Main Street. Follow the Riverside campground signs for 1.3 kilometres and make a left hand turn at the campground sign on 19th Avenue.
- Shower/flush toilets
- Nature trails - beautiful views of the Hudson Bay Mountains and the Babine Mountains
- Bike trails
- 15 minute walk from downtown shopping and recreation facilities
- Electrical (15 amp and 30 amp) and water and sewer hook-ups
- River fishing on the Bulkley River
- Picnic Shelter
- Food storage lockers in tenting area (must provide own lock)
- View the Campground Map here
- Please remember - motor vehicles are not allowed on any of the Town owned sport fields or trails (ie. Snowmobiles, ATV's and dirt bikes).
The campground is open from approximately May 15, 2020 to September 30, 2020.
To all of our visitors - Thank you for choosing Smithers as your place to stay, play, relax and enjoy.
2020 Park Rates Taxes Included:
|Campsite with Electrical, Water and Sewer Connection||$36.80/site|
|Per Tent in unserviced tenting area||$23.10/per tent|
|Riverside Cookhouse /booking*||$34.70|
* Riverside Cookhouse Fees are for event use, not fees charged to campers.