Riverside Municipal Campground
Riverside Municipal Campground & RV Park is now closed for the 2020 Season.
Online reservations for the 2021 camping season will open here on Monday, February 1, 2021.
The Riverside Municipal Campground & RV Park offers spectacular scenic views of the Hudson Bay Mountain, and the captivating Bulkley River. The Riverside Municipal Campground & RV Park is surrounded by connecting trails to enjoy by foot or bicycle around the beautiful town of Smithers. The 13-kilometer Perimeter Trail is a scenic community trail linking together the inspiring beauty of the creeks, parks, and landscapes in the community. Many of the best scenic highlights are found along the Bulkley River and throughout the Riverside Park. The campground is located adjacent to the Bulkley River at 3843-19th Avenue. The park, operated by the Town of Smithers, is a safe and peaceful place to relax and enjoy wonderful views, a stunning river, and a friendly approach to camping. Pets are welcome on leashes.
When traveling west on Highway 16 (towards Prince Rupert), turn right onto Main Street. Follow the Riverside campground signs for 1.3 kilometres and make a left hand turn at the campground sign on 19th Avenue.
- Shower/flush toilets
- Nature trails - beautiful views of the Hudson Bay Mountains and the Babine Mountains
- Bike trails
- 15 minute walk from downtown shopping and recreation facilities
- Electrical (15 amp and 30 amp) and water and sewer hook-ups
- River fishing on the Bulkley River
- Picnic Shelter
- Food storage lockers in tenting area (must provide own lock)
- View the Campground Map here
- Please remember - motor vehicles are not allowed on any of the Town owned sport fields or trails (ie. Snowmobiles, ATV's and dirt bikes).
The Riverside Municipal Campground & RV Park will open May 15, 2021 to September 30, 2021.
To all of our visitors - Thank you for choosing Smithers Riverside Municipal Campground & RV Park as your place to stay, play, relax and enjoy.
2021 Park Rates Taxes Included:
|Campsite with Electrical, Water and Sewer Connection||$37.90/site|
|Per Tent in unserviced tenting area||$24.20|
|Riverside Cookhouse /booking*||$35.80|
* Riverside Cookhouse Fees are for event use, not fees charged to campers.
For assistance or inquiries, please call: 250-847-1600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Monday to Friday; 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.