Riverside Municipal RV Park & Campground
Riverside Municipal Campground and RV Park is now open for the 2016 season. The 2016 season operates from May 16 to October 10, 2016.
2016 CAMPSITE RESERVATIONS:
YOU CAN NOW SEARCH, BOOK AND PAY FOR CAMPSITES. WE HAVE A NEW ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM FROM MAXSOLUTIONS.
We invite all campers to stay at the peaceful Riverside Park Municipal campground located adjacent to the Bulkley River at 3843 - 19th Avenue. The park, operated by the Town of Smithers, is a safe and quiet place to relax and enjoy wonderful views, a beautiful river, and a laid back approach to camping. Pets are welcome on leashes.
When traveling west on Highway 16 (towards Prince Rupert), turn right onto Main Street. Follow the Riverside campground signs for 1.3 kilometres and make a left hand turn at the campground sign on 19th Avenue.
- New Playground installed July 2013
- Shower/flush toilets
- Nature trails - beautiful views of the Hudson Bay Mountains and the Babine Mountains
- Bike trails
- 15 minute walk from downtown shopping and recreation facilities
- Firewood provided (FREE)
- Electrical (15 amp and 30 amp) and water hook-ups
- River fishing on the Bulkley River
- Cook house
- Food storage lockers in tenting area (must provide own lock)
- Drive-through sites
- View the Campground Map here
- Please remember - motor vehicles are not allowed on any of the Town owned sport fields or trails (ie. Snowmobiles, ATV's and dirt bikes).
Free Wireless Internet- is limited to 75mb per night. We don't have unlimited internet usage up north here, like in the major centers, so it is best to keep your activities to emailing or browsing only please. 75mb is more than sufficient if you respect this.
View the "Super Camping Select Lodging Magazine" Northern British Columbia - The Great Northern Circle Tour Map 2014/15
The campground is now open.
To all of our visitors - Thank you for choosing Smithers as your place to stay, play, relax and enjoy.
2016 Park Rates:
|Campsite with Water and Sewer Connection||$29/site|
|Campsite with Electrical, Water and Sewer Connection||$32/site|
|Per Tent in unserviced tenting area||$19/per tent (maximum 3 tents per site)|
|Riverside Cookhouse /booking*||$30|
* Riverside Cookhouse Fees are for event use, not fees charged to campers.