Riverside Municipal Campground
2020 Reservations for the Riverside Municipal Campground:
Drive-in guests MUST be in a self-contained unit to reserve upon arrival with Riverside Park Attendant: 778-210-0832.
Shared Facilities and Tenting are currently closed.
For assistance with online advanced reservations or inquiries, please call: 250-847-1600 or by email: email@example.com. Monday – Friday 8:30 - 4:30 PM
Currently we are opening on May 31st but only to SELF CONTAINED UNITS. We have taken the precaution of closing all shared facilities including the showers, public toilets and the cookhouse. We are strictly adhering to the 2 meter social distancing guidelines and expect our guests to do the same. We have instituted a virtual check-in procedure and our Recreation Coordinator is available by phone or email to assist with current or future reservations.
If you currently have a reservation with us and need clarification on how it may be impacted in the wake of COVID-19 we encourage you to contact our office by phone or by email. We can provide you with our most current information as it pertains to your specific situation. Be safe and stay healthy.
We invite all campers to stay at the peaceful Riverside Park Municipal campground located adjacent to the Bulkley River at 3843-19th Avenue. The park, operated by the Town of Smithers, is a safe and quiet place to relax and enjoy wonderful views, a beautiful river, and a laid back approach to camping. Pets are welcome on leashes.
When traveling west on Highway 16 (towards Prince Rupert), turn right onto Main Street. Follow the Riverside campground signs for 1.3 kilometres and make a left hand turn at the campground sign on 19th Avenue.
- Shower/flush toilets
- Nature trails - beautiful views of the Hudson Bay Mountains and the Babine Mountains
- Bike trails
- 15 minute walk from downtown shopping and recreation facilities
- Electrical (15 amp and 30 amp) and water and sewer hook-ups
- River fishing on the Bulkley River
- Picnic Shelter
- Food storage lockers in tenting area (must provide own lock)
- View the Campground Map here
- Please remember - motor vehicles are not allowed on any of the Town owned sport fields or trails (ie. Snowmobiles, ATV's and dirt bikes).
The campground is open from approximately May 15, 2020 to September 30, 2020.
To all of our visitors - Thank you for choosing Smithers as your place to stay, play, relax and enjoy.
2020 Park Rates Taxes Included:
|Campsite with Electrical, Water and Sewer Connection||$36.80/site|
|Per Tent in unserviced tenting area||$23.10/per tent|
|Riverside Cookhouse /booking*||$34.70|
* Riverside Cookhouse Fees are for event use, not fees charged to campers.