Riverside Municipal Campground
We are excited to see you in 2022!
Reservations will open in March 2022. Updates will be posted here as they become known. We will ensure people receive advance notice prior to any reservations opening for the 2022 season.
2022 Park Rates Taxes Included:
|Campsite with Electrical, Water and Sewer Connection||$39.00/site|
|Per Tent in unserviced tenting area||$25.30|
|Riverside Cookhouse /booking*||$36.90|
|1 Bundle of Firewood||$8.00|
|3 Bundles of Firewood||$20.00|
* Riverside Cookhouse Fees are for event use, not fees charged to campers.
We accept Cash/Debit/Credit Card.
We do not accept cheques or American Express.
Thank you for choosing Smithers Riverside Municipal Campground & RV Park as your place to stay, play, relax and enjoy. We can't wait to see you in 2022!
The Riverside Municipal Campground & RV Park offers spectacular scenic views of the Hudson Bay Mountain, and the captivating Bulkley River. The Riverside Municipal Campground & RV Park is surrounded by connecting trails to enjoy by foot or bicycle around the beautiful town of Smithers. The 13-kilometer Perimeter Trail is a scenic community trail linking together the inspiring beauty of the creeks, parks, and landscapes in the community. Many of the best scenic highlights are found along the Bulkley River and throughout the Riverside Park. The campground is located adjacent to the Bulkley River at 3843-19th Avenue. The park, operated by the Town of Smithers, is a safe and peaceful place to relax and enjoy wonderful views, a stunning river, and a friendly approach to camping. Pets are welcome on leashes.
When traveling west on Highway 16 (towards Prince Rupert), turn right onto Main Street. Follow the Riverside campground signs for 1.3 kilometres and make a left hand turn at the campground sign on 19th Avenue.
- Shower/flush toilets
- Nature trails - beautiful views of the Hudson Bay Mountains and the Babine Mountains
- Bike trails
- 15 minute walk from downtown shopping and recreation facilities
- Electrical (15 amp and 30 amp) and water and sewer hook-ups
- River fishing on the Bulkley River
- Picnic Shelter
- Food storage lockers in tenting area (must provide own lock)
- View the Campground Map here
- Please remember - motor vehicles are not allowed on any of the Town owned sport fields or trails (ie. Snowmobiles, ATV's and dirt bikes).
3843 19th Avenue, Smithers, BC
For assistance or inquiries, please call: 250-847-1600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Monday to Friday; 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.