The Town of Smithers owns a fantastic parcel of land, which is utilized by many groups from Smithers, the surrounding communities of the Bulkley Valley and from around the province. The Fall Fair Management Committee meets three times per year and oversees the booking requests and capital upgrades requests for the Town owned property.
License agreements with the Bulkley Valley Agricultural & Industrial Association, the Northern Saddle Club, and Lease agreement with the Bulkley Valley Bowmen (Archery Grounds) provide the opportunity for local groups to offer workshops, rodeos, training sessions, children's activities, and more.
The Smithers Fairgrounds are home to the Bulkley Valley Exhibition (Fall Fair), the Bulkley Valley Folk Music Festival (Midsummer Festival), the 3 in 1 Breed Show, and the Annual Archery Shoot. All of these events gather together thousands of participants and spectators from all over British Columbia and Western Canada.
Located at 2701 Pacific Street, corner of Tatlow Road and Pacific Street.
2022 Fairgrounds Schedule of Events
- 2022 Fairgrounds Events Calendar
- Fairgrounds Event Form (COVID-19 Update) *Updated July 2021
- Routine Event Liability Information Sheet
Fairground User and Licensees Information:
- Annual Letter to Users and Licensees of the Fall Fairgrounds
- Open Burning
- Installation and/or Modification of Fall Fairgrounds Water and Sewer Systems
- Building Permit Requirements
- Building Permit Application Guide (adapted for Fall Fairgrounds' license areas)
- Bylaw No. 1609 - Fireworks