Improve Efficiency In Buildings and Businesses Resources
As part of the CleanBC Roadmap to 2030, a variety of rebate opportunities have been developed to support homeowners and builders to improve the energy efficiency, comfort, and operating costs of their homes. Follow the link to the Clean BC Better Homes page and review the information, rebates, and support services available to help reduce you home energy use and GHG emissions.
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) is supporting Canadian homeowners to make where they live more energy efficient. NRCan is offering a range of incentives to support eligible home retrofits, pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluations, and interest-free loans for major home retrofits.
BCHydro offers rebates for energy-efficient renovations and products and free programs for making smart energy choices at home.
PNG are offering Smart Energy Solutions programs to help Residential and Business customers become more energy efficient. New Construction Energy Step Code Support is also available to help cover the cost of a mid-construction blower door test.
Follow the link for a full list of home and business programs https://png.ca/smartenergysolutions/
For all Home programs
- Head to https://www.betterhomesbc.ca/ea/
- Search for Bulkley-Nechako Regional District under “Where is the home located?” to see all local Energy Advisors (EA) and their associated Service Organization (SO).
Note: searching Smithers will exclude some of the local Energy Advisors
- Review the “Company Name and Location” column from the formulated table and find your Smithers based EA.
- Contact your Local EA directly for assistance with Home assessments.
Additional for NRCan applications
- Visit the NRCan Service Organization site and confirm your selected SO is on the list
Note: not all SO’s under your Postal Code on the NRCan site will have a Smithers/Northern BC based Energy Advisor. We recommend choosing your SO carefully.
- Apply for the program with your selected SO
- Follow the Grant Process through the NRCan website.
Have you been on a Waitlist with your registered Service Organisation and want to make sure your SO has a locally available Energy Advisor?
- Follow steps 1 – 3 to find the local Smithers Energy Advisors and associated Service Organisations
- Visit the NRCan Service Organisation site and confirm your newly selected SO is on the list
Note: not all SO’s under your Postal Code will have a Smithers/Northern BC based Energy Advisor.
- Consider re-registering for the program with the SO associated with a local EA.
If you have registered for the Federal Canada Greener Homes Initiative under a different Service Organisation, login and reregister with the SO affiliated with your preferred local EA.
CleanBC Better Building provides funding and capital incentives to encourage energy efficient design, construction, and renovation of commercial buildings.
Follow the link for more information on CleanBC’s Better Buildings
BCHydro offers a variety of programs to help you improve your business’s energy efficiency, including incentives for making energy-efficiency upgrades and opportunities to learn from experts.
BCHydro offers support for Energy Studies and Audits which can identify inefficient systems at your industrial facility and provide an in-depth analysis of the upgrade options and costs so you can make a strategic decision.
The Green Industrial Facilities Manufacturing Program (GIFMP) provides financial assistance to support the implementation of energy efficiency and energy management solutions designed to maximize energy performance, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reductions, and competitiveness for industry in Canada.